Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Ride Reports

Notices

Ride Reports Post pictures and stories about the rides or events you have done

Old 01-29-2015
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some are still riding

Been an unbelievable January here in SW Ohio. a little nippy but for the most part the roads have been clear. Have managed to ride 22 out of first 28 days and 1255 miles with 3 days to go. Here are some random January pics

Old 01-29-2015
TIME TO RIDE - RIDE ON!!!

HG has disabled reputation

Hey Mick....

Thanks for posting the pics - makes me want to ride.............NOW!!!!

WOW to the January miles.

ARE YOU CRAZY? ha ha

RIDE ON................. and keep warm!

HG

Hopefully, those miles put a smile on your face! It always does for me!
Old 01-29-2015
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Hey HG. Crazy? lol hope not, but I do love riding a motorcycle. As long as the roads are clear.

Actually people assume I am more miserable riding than I am. With a windshield/fairing blocking the wind, full face helmet, balaclava, electric jacket liner and glove liners, riding pants and boots, I'M ACTUAlLY QUITE WARM. yOU SHOULD SEE THE EXPRESSION ON PEOPLES FACES WHEN I UNZIP MY jacket and let them slide their hand inside under the warmth. It's always a revelation for them.
Old 01-30-2015
backyard explorer

tdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond repute

now this is how retirement should be attacked! ride on wiki ferret, I will continue to support your retirement until it is my turn!

tim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-30-2015
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even remember what side the clutch lever is on.

By the time I get on my bike again I am going to need a MSF course.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-30-2015
motorcycle nut

Thanks dog.

Two days in a row not riding ugg. Will try and get out tomorrow. Then tomorrow night accumulating white death will keep me off 2 wheels for awhile I'm afraid. Better than last year though. Checking my log, in 2014 I rode 1 day in January and 2 in February. Lousy winter last year if you remember.

retirement has certainly freed me up to ride at the optimal times of the day. If it's going to rain or snow in the evening I ride in the morning and vice versa. If the high temp of the day is at 4 I will ride from 2 to 3 or so. Advantages only retirement can provide. Having a very understanding wife goes without saying, one who encourages me to ride. I mentioned the other day I am healthier when I ride everyday, and she said " maybe but I know you are happier when you ride everyday and maybe that has something to do with being healthy."

Life is good
Old 01-31-2015
Retired and Riding

Road Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
Thanks dog.

Two days in a row not riding ugg. Will try and get out tomorrow. Then tomorrow night accumulating white death will keep me off 2 wheels for awhile I'm afraid. Better than last year though. Checking my log, in 2014 I rode 1 day in January and 2 in February. Lousy winter last year if you remember.

retirement has certainly freed me up to ride at the optimal times of the day. If it's going to rain or snow in the evening I ride in the morning and vice versa. If the high temp of the day is at 4 I will ride from 2 to 3 or so. Advantages only retirement can provide. Having a very understanding wife goes without saying, one who encourages me to ride. I mentioned the other day I am healthier when I ride everyday, and she said " maybe but I know you are happier when you ride everyday and maybe that has something to do with being healthy."

Life is good
Mickey - I know how you feel... I am in my 15th year of retirement and I may be slowing down a bit - but I am happy when I ride. Wife does not ride with me anymore due to health issues but she encourages me to ride.

Here in Florida I am ready to ride and there are many opportunities to ride to eat somewhere and I plan on doing as many as I can. We ride and meet at a restaurant somewhere in Florida - sometimes you have to get up early and ride to get to lunch at 11:30 depending where the restaurant is located!

Ride on...

Retired and Riding for over 17 years on a small fixed income!

Honda said ride RED so I am...

Old 01-31-2015
TIME TO RIDE - RIDE ON!!!

HG has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
Mickey - I know how you feel... I am in my 15th year of retirement and I may be slowing down a bit - but I am happy when I ride. Wife does not ride with me anymore due to health issues but she encourages me to ride.

Here in Florida I am ready to ride and there are many opportunities to ride to eat somewhere and I plan on doing as many as I can. We ride and meet at a restaurant somewhere in Florida - sometimes you have to get up early and ride to get to lunch at 11:30 depending where the restaurant is located!

Ride on...

Hey now.......I patented the RIDE ON closing comment ...... HA HA.

You can pay the royalty into my retirement account - fixed income you know! Ha ha..

Hopefully, those miles put a smile on your face! It always does for me!
Old 01-31-2015
motorcycle nut

Hey RR good to hear you can still get out and ride. Hope to still be riding when I've been retired 15 years, but doubt it, I would be 78 then. Maybe though....If I make it to 70 I will have met my goal.

Well, January is in the books, and it was a productive one. 23 out of 31 days ridden ...647 miles on the ST, 395 on the CB and 275 on the Majesty for 1317 miles total.

Todays weather was nice. Started out with patches of snow/ice on the edges and low spots in the road, but by afternoon it had climbed to 37 degrees and was quite nice. Roads were pretty clean. Took this pic on todays 62 mile ride.

Wonder what February will bring?

Last edited by the ferret; 01-31-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2015
Retired and Riding

Road Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG View Post
Hey now.......I patented the RIDE ON closing comment ...... HA HA.

You can pay the royalty into my retirement account - fixed income you know! Ha ha..

HG - Really? Send me the copyright info or patent info... I will send you 25 cents royalty ! When do you retire?

Retired and Riding for over 17 years on a small fixed income!

Honda said ride RED so I am...