Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Ride Reports

Notices

Ride Reports Post pictures and stories about the rides or events you have done

Old 10-25-2014

OhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud of
Default Nice day to ride!

The Mrs. washed the Wing this morning while I was out to breakfast with the guys..... yeah, she is a keeper When I got home, I helped her finish drying it off so we could go for a ride to celebrate our 29th anniversary.

Went headed East to Shelby and stopped at the Sportsmans Den to throw our names in for the Oct. drawing. Next, we rode on to Loudonville where we stopped for lunch at the Mohican Tavern. From there we continued on 39 to 514 south and then east on 520. The leaves were past their prime, but roads were nice. The plan was to pick up 60 south at Killbuck, but the road was closed so we continued on east on 62 to 83 where we turned south. We decided to loop back on 36 when we got to Coshocton and did so until we got to 715. We had not been to Mohawk Dam before so we turned on 715 and checked it out. Next, we took 206 back to 62 and then on to Danville. At Danville we once again took 514 to head back to Loudonville to complete the loop.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. Today was a ride day... we didn't stop unless it was for food or fuel other than the dam which I posted as "from the road". We got to ride some new to us roads today. I hope you got the chance to ride today as well.

I don't have a bucket list, but my "Bike It" list is pretty long!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-25-2014
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

That area, and those roads in particular, are some of my favorite local roads.

514, 520, 715, 36 and 206

I will definitely be there tomorrow.

Had to help someone move today. Tomorrow is mine, however.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....
Old 10-25-2014

OhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
That area, and those roads in particular, are some of my favorite local roads.

514, 520, 715, 36 and 206

I will definitely be there tomorrow.

Had to help someone move today. Tomorrow is mine, however.
I see why. When we got back to 520 while heading north on 514 I asked Joan if we I could turn on 520 and loop it again, but it was getting late and we had to head back to Lima. I can't wait to take Elizabeth on those.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-25-2014
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

Next time you're heading east on 520, when you get to Glenmont, take a left and run the county road north up to Nashville (rt 39).

RSV showed me that one a few years ago

Next summer I will show you some other fun roads up there if you'd like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-25-2014

Quote:
Next time you're heading east on 520, when you get to Glenmont, take a left and run the county road north up to Nashville (rt 39).

RSV showed me that one a few years ago

Next summer I will show you some other fun roads up there if you'd like.
Sounds good

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-25-2014
live life full throttle

swish024 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a good day.I keep wanting to go south but I always end up going east to those areas instead.as wahoo said all those are good.I find something different each time.
Old 10-26-2014
It's always time to ride

In Millersburg getting a cup of coffee at Jitters. I ran your route backwards (60 to 3 to 205 to Danville. 62 east to 206 to 715 to the dam.) Stopped to eat my lunch in Warsaw then headed up 60, road signs be damned.

Made it almost to Killbuck and rt 62 before the road closed signs blocked the road. Turned back and about a mile or two south took a township road that went north. After 3 or 4 "roads" (I used that term very liberally.... More like goat trails) I made it up to 62 after 5 or 6 miles of gravel and dirt.

Actually the roads were fun since I'm on the Strom today. Don't think I would enjoy them as much on Bambi, although I've taken Bambi on worse roads in PA last July with mrs wahoo.

Oh well, time to finish the coffee and start heading north towards the lake. I have enough time to for a loop around Mohican before I head up 603 towards savannah.

Old 10-26-2014

Quote:
In Millersburg getting a cup of coffee at Jitters. I ran your route backwards (60 to 3 to 205 to Danville. 62 east to 206 to 715 to the dam.) Stopped to eat my lunch in Warsaw then headed up 60, road signs be damned.

Made it almost to Killbuck and rt 62 before the road closed signs blocked the road. Turned back and about a mile or two south took a township road that went north. After 3 or 4 "roads" (I used that term very liberally.... More like goat trails) I made it up to 62 after 5 or 6 miles of gravel and dirt.

Actually the roads were fun since I'm on the Strom today. Don't think I would enjoy them as much on Bambi, although I've taken Bambi on worse roads in PA last July with mrs wahoo.

Oh well, time to finish the coffee and start heading north towards the lake. I have enough time to for a loop around Mohican before I head up 603 towards savannah.

Sounds fun, I wish I could have joined you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-26-2014
It's always time to ride

Made it home around 5:30 and had to mulch some leaves in the yard.

After Millersburg, I ran 62 to Killbuck, 520 to 514 to Danville, then back up 205 to 3 to Loudonville. Refueled, then into the forest. Hit the gorge, the fire tower, the covered bridge, then started north. 39 to 603 to savannah, then up 60 to the lake.

Wearing top and bottom long johns was the best move I made all day. At times I was actually a little too warm. It was a spectacular day of riding. Very light traffic, not a cloud in the sky, and temps in the mid 50's to low 60's.

Last edited by wahoo; 10-26-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-26-2014

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]