Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Riding Well

Notices

Riding Well Discussion about riding technique. Tips on riding far, riding fast, and staying safe the while doing it.

Old 08-02-2012
Red Sled Rider

Nighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond repute

A little Red White & Blue. Now go ride something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dominique200.jpg (26.9 KB, 109 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-02-2012
Banned

spiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond repute

Now your Cookin I love red white and blue
Old 08-02-2012
Cheeky Bastard

magley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
Do you realize that more than 50% of D.O.T. helmets fail a 6 ft gravity drop test. The speed from 6 ft to the ground is roughly 13 MPH.
I dont think that 55 gallon drum that you wear while doing 180 mph on your speedy crotch rocket is even going to make you a good looking corpse.
Please cite your source...because I honestly doubt that...

If this does happen to be true: good thing I don't rely on D.O.T.
and the impact of the helmet will still only be 13mph in the impact direction (think vectors) unless I actually hit something solid in the direction of travel, I'll just grind along the pavement until I stop, then I'll get up, go "man that sucks"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ŠUANE
Old 08-02-2012
Banned

spiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by magley64 View Post
Please cite your source...because I honestly doubt that...

If this does happen to be true: good thing I don't rely on D.O.T.
and the impact of the helmet will still only be 13mph in the impact direction (think vectors) unless I actually hit something solid in the direction of travel, I'll just grind along the pavement until I stop, then I'll get up, go "man that sucks"
Look it up pardner. Ive posted the source here before and on other helmet preacher sites. Im not going to dig it out again. Doubt all you want.
Old 08-02-2012
Cheeky Bastard

magley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Look it up pardner. Ive posted the source here before and on other helmet preacher sites. Im not going to dig it out again. Doubt all you want.

Just looked it up, and found that your information is misleading...

having a DOT sticker doesn't automatically mean that a helmet is DOT certified, it just means that the manufacturer believes it will pass... you have to actually look up the helmet to see if it passes.

now as for the second half of my post that you just glazed over, I don't rely on DOT, I am a snell supporter, if a helmet manufacturer doesn't have faith that their helmet will make the grade in snell, then I'm inclined to believe them, and will buy a helmet from a manufacturer who does.

ŠUANE
Old 08-02-2012
Banned

keep reading- here is another teaser you do the work-

50% of the helmets tested fail the fmvss 218

testing protocol

Glad you where a snell but you will still be a butt ass ugly corpse riding the jock itch rocket at 150 + mph as you claim. Its not a matter of if ....... but when your number will be up and one of those false sense of security brain bucket isn't going to do squat.

Glaze is for Doughnuts

Last edited by spiderweb; 08-02-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-02-2012
Bald, Fat & Slow.

Pauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond repute

Arguing against helmets is one thing. Arguing against helmets with bullshit stats and claims is amusing.
Old 08-02-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
Arguing against helmets is one thing. Arguing against helmets with bullshit stats and claims is amusing.
Ah yeah you bullshit more than the stats do. Im talking independent stats. Not some lovey dovey stats put out by helmet manufacturers trying to sell you there shit.

Whatever its an endless bullshit battle that never goes away. You two rub each others balls Im off this soap box.

Last edited by spiderweb; 08-02-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-02-2012
Cheeky Bastard

Quote:
keep reading- here is another teaser you do the work-

50% of the helmets tested fail the fmvss 218

testing protocol
yeah, I read it... just because it has a DOT sticker doesn't mean it passes...(is there an echo?)

Quote:
Glad you where a snell but you will still be a butt ass ugly corpse riding the jock itch rocket at 150 + mph as you claim. Its not a matter of if ....... but when your number will be up and one of those false sense of security brain bucket isn't going to do squat.
Well, It might help, for example if i blow a tire, and the bike kicks sideways and tosses me off, I'll only fall a few feet, but then slide for a while until I stop...

It also could help if somoene rear ends me, and my head hits their front bumper...

if I'm cranking it at triple digits and hit a brick wall, No, my odds of survival are dismal either way...

But that's not even why I wear a helmet and Jacket (secretly)... I really just find it more comfortable.
The first time i tried squid riding (sunglasses and t-shirt) the wind tried to blow my eyeballs out of their sockets when I got to my typical cruising speed...The bugs and gravel from opposing traffic hitting my face, arms, chest, and legs were not pleasant... and the wind noise was horrendous...

Just yesterday I had to pick up my heather from the car dealership cause she's getting some work done on her rendezvous. I only had 1 helmet, so I gave it to her, and rode without. The whole ride home I got random bugs to the face, the wind noise in my ears was deafening, and again, my eyes felt like they were being pushed out of their sockets.
I don't mind running visor open to get a little wind in my face, but the helmet does a good job of rationing that wind, and the wind drag caused by the chin bar accelerates most bugs to a reasonable approach speed for hitting one's face.

Wearing No helmet is more comfortable for some, wearing a helmet is more comfortable for others, but the "others" have additional perks with regard to safety.

ŠUANE

Last edited by magley64; 08-02-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-02-2012
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Guy View Post
Somebody drop me a PM whenever you guys figure out if helmets save lives.

In the mean time, since there was a picture of a Hardley with oil under it posted here, I am posting a picture of my rice burner sitting in my parking lot at work just to keep things fair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG950867.jpg (157.3 KB, 97 views)