Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Rides and Events

Notices

Rides and Events Post upcoming rides or events that would be of interest to the group

Old 07-17-2015
Mid Life Crisis Man

Danimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to all
Default Koolwink West Virginia 2015 Tour

2015 Koolwink West Virginia Tour
Join Tim and I on a 3 day tour of the meat of West Virginia.
We will be slabbing to Romney WV on Thursday afternoon, September 3rd. Tim has to work until 3pm, so we will have a fairly late arrival at Romney Thursday evening.
In Romney is one of my favorite motels in all of the United States, the Koolwink Motel.
A 1930’s era motel that is still owned by the original family, and is fully restored and very well kept.
It is right in the heart of WV on Rt. 50, surrounded by awesome roads and great West Virginny scenery.
Here is a link to the Koolwink’s website to give you a taste.
http://www.koolwinkmotel.com/
The Koolwink will be our base for three days of twisting around WV.
Both Tim and I plan to be back home on the evening of Labor Day, Sept. 7th.
Starting Friday morning we will be planning daily loops through WV trying to both combine the better known twisties with perhaps a bit of exploration as well.
Target destinations include (but are not limited to):
• New River Gorge area
• Greenbanks Radio Observatory
• Mystery Hole
• Hillbilly Hotdogs
• Spruce Knob/Seneca Rocks (highest point in WV)
• Blackwater Falls State Park
• Lost World Caverns (self guided tours)
• Highland Scenic Highway
And lots more.
So…it would be great to get more RO members to join in the fun. There is great BBQ right down the road from the Koolwink, and a nice secluded party spot right behind the motel for our use.

I just spoke to Richard at the front desk, and there are as of today, ample rooms available for this holiday weekend so book your room now.
Pace will be moderate. I am sure it will get wicked well up at times but we really are looking to relax on this short trip and let off some steam. We may even explore some backroads along the way, so you dual sport and ADV bike guys are welcome too.
Hope to see you there!
Old 07-17-2015

2talltim is on a distinguished road

Can't wait. The more the merrier. Day rides and evening drinks are just what the Dr. Ordered.
Old 08-27-2015
Mid Life Crisis Man

Danimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to all

So it seems the Ride Ohio board is dead for all intents and purposes.

This trip is in less than one week and the only response is from Tim, who is really a Ohio Riders member come here to try to drum up support.

No interest at all in this says a LOT.

It's been a fun ride guys and gals. If you ever wonder what I am doing or where I am riding, just check in at Ohio Riders.

Dan
Old 08-28-2015
Bald, Fat & Slow.

Pauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond repute

You will be assimilated.
Old 08-28-2015
Mid Life Crisis Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
You will be assimilated.

I know....right?