Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General motorcycle related discussion

Old 07-11-2015

JeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant future
Default New tires

When I was researching new tires for my bike I saw an enormous amount of posts with folks raving about the Michelin Commander II's.
Decided to go with them. I saw a number of posts that claimed they could "feel the difference" immediately. I had my doubts.
I must say though, there is a definite difference, hard to articulate, but I guess you would say they feel smoother.

Only rode the short distance from the dealer back home, maybe 8 or 10 miles.
I took it in at 8:15 am yesterday, they told me the back brake pads needed changing so I had them do that too.
I finally saw the tech ride out for a test run...........and waited, and waited...
Finally the service writer comes out and tells me, "there's a problem with your bike". Seems the back brakes locked up on him and they had to trailer it back.
They said the back brake system was full of gunk. They flushed it all out and bled the lines and charged me nothing extra....shocking for a Harley dealer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."- Alexis de Tocqueville
Old 07-12-2015
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation

I've been running Commanders for several yrs now. I get around 2-3k more miles, they are cheaper, and I think they stick better. The "loose" feeling when you hit tar strips at 4am in the rain isn't near as bad, and they feel better in curves too. I credit them(and some skill and luck) with not lowsiding the bike in Akron. I hit a ramp waaay too fast and litterally scraped the frame of the bike and the floorboard mount, without a lowside.

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both