Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Ride Reports

Notices

Ride Reports Post pictures and stories about the rides or events you have done

Old 03-31-2015
Retired and Riding

Road Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice ride today

Nice ride today. 14 bikes... to Osgood, IN.

Had 4 Can Am Spyders and 10 others.

You can pick out the 4 Spyders in the next photo... some are hidden and almost in the photo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired and Riding for over 17 years on a small fixed income!

Honda said ride RED so I am...

Old 03-31-2015
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

Now that you Snow Birds are back in Ohio I may need to adjust my Tuesday morning schedule. Looking good Brother RR!!!!
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 03-31-2015
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Great day for a ride, a little windy, but great. I followed one of those Spiders thru a series of turns the other day, taking pictures of it as it went, and the suspension did some weird things in the corners. Rider had a tough time keeping it his lane.
Old 04-01-2015
Retired and Riding

Road Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
Great day for a ride, a little windy, but great. I followed one of those Spiders thru a series of turns the other day, taking pictures of it as it went, and the suspension did some weird things in the corners. Rider had a tough time keeping it his lane.

Mick - I have never followed one... seems they want to follow me... those who have them seem to like them - though I would not want one.

Old 04-01-2015
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

So would all those guys just sit there in the parking lot if you said you didn't feel like leading that day?

I'm assuming the Spiders were in a group bringing up the rear just like the Harley trikes used to in the old days of group motorcycle rides. If you have 10 riders next time put them 2nd, 5th and 8th and see what the riders following them say.

I stopped and talked to the fellow I was following, got his email and sent him the pics I took. He also said he loved it. He said he had ridden the Dragon on it and this year was headed up the Michigan coastline headed into the UP. I showed the pics to my wife and she was astounded the guy rode the Dragon on it. She said she wouldn't want to be on it there.

From my observation every time time he went around a corner the inside front shock got a lot longer (like it wanted to highside) and his passenger would quickly reach down and grab the hand rails and hold on tightly. The highside feeling is the same feeling I got when I test rode one my local dealer took in on trade. First left turn I took at speed, I felt I was going to be pitched over the machine on the right side. Definitely something you would have to get used to. I wouldn't want one either, however it would be an option if I had a strength or balance problem and wanted to keep riding.

It was quick though, we came out of one right hairpin turn with a long flat straightway following into the next left hand turn and he absolutely walked me on the straightaway, then I'd catch him and have to slow down for him going thru the next turn. I was amazed at the straight line speed of the thing.

Understand I am not criticizing or putting down, just making observations from a test ride and from following one rider. Don't know if he was a typical rider or not. If I had no other option I'd probably be right there on one. Fortunately I am still able to handle a 2 wheeler just fine (I think lol)
Old 04-01-2015
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was amazed at the straight line speed of the thing.

Isn't that what a lot of people say about 'Busas ? From what I hear, they don't corner all that well either.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....
Old 04-01-2015

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
Isn't that what a lot of people say about 'Busas ? From what I hear, they don't corner all that well either.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
[/COLOR]
Old 04-01-2015
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

"He absolutely walked me on the straightaway, then I'd catch him and have to slow down for him going thru the next turn."

Yep. Sounds just like a 'Busa we used to know.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....
Old 04-01-2015

mtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond repute

I loves mine,yes they are a little different but they are fun !
Just traded in our 2010 for a new high speed yeller one.
Old 04-03-2015
Retired and Riding

Quote:
So would all those guys just sit there in the parking lot if you said you didn't feel like leading that day?

No Mick - they would probably just go home... I love to lead and several others do too but many just like to follow and are happy with having someone else do the thinking...

I'm assuming the Spiders were in a group bringing up the rear just like the Harley trikes used to in the old days of group motorcycle rides. If you have 10 riders next time put them 2nd, 5th and 8th and see what the riders following them say.

Not really - they just find a spot within the group - I do not assign spots. Riders figure out where they want to be in a group and fall in. Most of the riders that ride in the R & R Group follow whatever is in front of them and there is no troublesome switching to get a better group position.

I'd probably be right there on one. Fortunately I am still able to handle a 2 wheeler just fine (I think lol)

Fortunately - me too! There will be a time when I will hang up the keys but at this time, I am thinking that I will NOT go to a third wheel. I started riding in 1954 and when I have had enough two wheel fun I will do something else.
Mick - You need to come out and check out the R & R group sometime. Wendy's on SR 128 at I-74 - we have coffee early and leave at 9:30 sharp.