Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Riding Well

Notices

Riding Well Discussion about riding technique. Tips on riding far, riding fast, and staying safe the while doing it.

Old 06-24-2013
Zwei Kolben

SCQTT is on a distinguished road
Default Iron Pony Riding Academy

www.ip-ra.com

As of May 1st Iron Pony has been offering the MSF/MO BRC.

Weekly classes,
Classroom 4 hours on Wed or Thurs evenings.
Followed by 12 hours range time on new motorcycles, 6 hours sat, 6 hours Sun.

$199.95

Suzuki TU250
Yamaha TW200
Yamaha V-Star 250
Yamaha Zuma 125 (scooter)

Loaner helmets and eye protection provided.

You must have your learner's permit. Pass this course and you will receive a waiver for the skills portion of the BMV test. (usually your insurance company will give you a little discount for completing the BMC as well.)
Old 07-16-2013
Moto Psychic

MISFIT is on a distinguished road

It only cost me $25 in Xenia, Ohio, because it's subsidized by the state. Same exact thing, waive skills test for the license, MSF, and all. I wonder if Iron Pony is just pocketing the subsidies? Seems strange that it's $175 more.
Old 07-16-2013

Tonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iron Pony Riding Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISFIT View Post
It only cost me $25 in Xenia, Ohio, because it's subsidized by the state. Same exact thing, waive skills test for the license, MSF, and all. I wonder if Iron Pony is just pocketing the subsidies? Seems strange that it's $175 more.
No, they are not subsidised. Many places offer it at around 300....also unsubsidized....so what they are doing actually is offering it at a big discount to those that can't get into a subsidised class.
Old 07-18-2013

Russ Jackson is on a distinguished road

I love Iron Pony and have spent a ton of money there. I have a couple questions.

Why wont you match pricing from legit online places like Revzilla?

Also why cant I get the same price you offer online at your own site in the actual store?

Finally why is it $78 to mount a tire that you buy in the store?
Old 07-30-2013
Zwei Kolben

Default BRC @ Iron Pony

I have 1 open spot for this weeks BRC.

Thurs...........................8/1 6p-10p Classroom
Sat...............................8/3 8a-2p Range
Sun.............................. 8/4 8a-2p Range

Take this course & skip the BMV skills test!
GET YOUR LICENSE!

www.ip-ra.com

You'll use our fresh, current year, training bikes - Small & easy to learn on........................Yamaha XV250, Yamaha TW200, Suzuki TU250
We'll even loan you a helmet & eye protection.
Old 08-07-2013
Zwei Kolben

Locally owned and operated Iron Pony Motorsports Group launches Iron Pony Riding Academy – A motorcycle riding school focused on teaching the fundamentals and dynamics of safe motorcycle operation.

Iron Pony Motorsports Group has an exciting new division designed to train motorcyclists. The Iron Pony Riding Academy can simply be described as a motorcycle riding school. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation based curriculum was developed for people with little or no motorcycle riding experience. Students will spend time in the classroom and riding motorcycles while they develop skills and gain an understanding of the dynamics of safely operating a motorcycle. Iron Pony Riding Academy’s instructors are professionally trained and certified by the Ohio Department of Public Safety’s Motorcycle Ohio Division and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Students will train in a safe, controlled environment, free from the dangers of traffic while learning the basic skills and techniques needed for a lifelong enjoyment of motorcycling. Cory Atwood, CFO of the Iron Pony Motorsports Group, said “Riding motorcycles can seem quite intimidating at first, but once you develop an understanding of how the motorcycle’s controls work and spend time cultivating proper riding techniques, it becomes second nature- the key is developing a foundation of proper techniques.”

Iron Pony Riding Academy offers weekly classes during peak riding season. The 16 hour curriculum starts with four hours in the classroom, followed by twelve hours of on-the-bike training. The *cost of the course includes all class materials, and the use of a current model training motorcycle and helmet. Proper *attire and a Motorcycle Learners Permit is required. Upon successful completion students receive a waiver which they present to the BMV to obtain their motorcycle endorsement. Earning this waiver allows you to *forego the BMV skills test. (Minimum age required) *Check IP-RA.com for details.

About Iron Pony Motorsports Inc. Locally owned and operated Iron Pony Motorsports Inc. is one of the nation’s leading multichannel retailers of parts, apparel and accessories for motorcycles and similar power sports vehicles. In 2011 Iron Pony Motorsports was named the number one motorcycle dealer in the US by Dealernews Magazine. Iron Pony has been in business for more than 35 years. Iron Pony’s headquarters are located at 5436 Westerville Rd. Westerville, OH 43081. Subsidiaries include Iron Pony Direct LLC, A mail-order and e-commerce retailer and Iron Pony Trackside LLC, a mobile and event retailer. Iron Pony Direct & Iron Pony Trackside focus on the same market as Iron Pony Motorsports. www.ironpony.com

About Pony Powersports Group LLC. Pony Powersports Group was established in 2008 as the Powersports vehicle sales and service division of Iron Pony Motorsports. Pony Powersports is a retailer of Aprilia, Beta, Kawasaki, Piaggio, Polaris, Star, Suzuki, Yamaha, Vespa and Victory motorcycles, scooters, ATVs and utility vehicles. The Pony Powersports Group is located inside the Iron Pony Superstore at 5370 Westerville Rd. www.ponypowersports.com

About Iron Pony Riding Academy. Established in 2013, Iron Pony Riding Academy’s goal is to offer certified, professional, instruction on the dynamics of riding a motorcycle. Iron Pony Riding Academy offers the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and Motorcycle Ohio’s Basic Rider Course. The curriculum of this course is designed for people with little or no motorcycle experience. The training takes place in a safe, controlled, environment that is conducive to absorbing the mental and physical skills needed to safely operate a motorcycle. The Basic Rider Couse features both classroom and on-motorcycle training. www.ip-ra.com

Last edited by SCQTT; 08-07-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2014
Zwei Kolben

2014 Schedule is posted at www.ip-ra.com

Available classes this year are:

Riding-101
Basic Rider Course
Basic Rider Course - Returning Rider
Basic Rider Course - 2
Advanced Rider Course

First class, weather permitting, is March 12th.
Old 02-11-2014
Zwei Kolben

Default New Class, Riding 101

Know anybody on the fence about becoming a rider? This is a great no-commitment, no-cost option for those that like the idea, but do not know where to start and really aren't certain if they are ready.

I was inspired to create this class for several reasons, but ultimately I simply enjoy motorcycles and like the idea of helping others discover the incredible joy you experience while riding.

Many of us grew up in riding families, but not everyone is so lucky. I drew upon my own experience with inheriting a boat and having no idea how to properly use it & no idea where to go and learn and my curious, but very cautious, fascination with skydiving......if I even go to a skydiving facility will I find myself in a plane with a parachute on my back before I'm really comfortable with the idea?

Starting the school last year I think we saw quite a few students that had signed up for the BRC, but were really not certain they were ready to ride. They liked the idea of riding, but when you explained that within a few short, but detailed, hours of instruction they would be riding a motorcycle....and yes, each foot and each hand would be doing something different, well some of them looked like we had just strapped a parachute on their back.

Riding 101 is not scary, you will not be asked to perform any task, no pass/fail, no evaluation, no cost. We'll strip away the bravado and some of the myths about riding. We'll answer your questions and discuss what excites you and what concerns you about motorcycle riding.

6:00PM - 7:30PM

March 7th
April 4th
May 2nd
June 6th
August 1st
September 5th
October 3rd

Riding-101 is a casual 1.5 hour, first-touch experience with motorcycles and motorcycle gear. This is a familiarization program that offers attendees the opportunity to explore the idea of becoming a motorcycle rider. This informative class will be taught by Iron Pony Riding Academy’s lead instructor. Sit on motorcycles, try on gear, and participate in an open, honest, and frank question and answer session to help you decide if motorcycling is a good personal choice. Also embedded in the experience is a self-assessment component to help ensure a person is aware of the risks and requirements for being a good, safe and responsible rider. This free course is designed to help potential riders decide if the Basic Rider Course is something they wish to pursue.

For more details and to RSVP visit www.ip-ra.com
Old 02-11-2014

Tonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond repute

This is a genius idea.
Old 03-04-2014

Mac2239 has a reputation beyond reputeMac2239 has a reputation beyond reputeMac2239 has a reputation beyond reputeMac2239 has a reputation beyond reputeMac2239 has a reputation beyond reputeMac2239 has a reputation beyond reputeMac2239 has a reputation beyond reputeMac2239 has a reputation beyond reputeMac2239 has a reputation beyond reputeMac2239 has a reputation beyond reputeMac2239 has a reputation beyond repute
The state charges $50.00 now. I took the Advance class two years ago. I am returning to Miami County to take the Rider Course 2. I will return and take the Advance in two years.