Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Riding Well

Notices

Riding Well Discussion about riding technique. Tips on riding far, riding fast, and staying safe the while doing it.

Old 08-25-2013
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not good

Any of our members on this ride in West Milton? Title does not seem to jive with story though

http://www.whiotv.com/news/news/traf...rcycles/nZbqF/
Old 08-25-2013

OhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud of

Wow! I hope they recover quickly.

I don't have a bucket list, but my "Bike It" list is pretty long!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-25-2013
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this story yesterday and there were two versions of it.
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 08-25-2013

Boggzie is just really niceBoggzie is just really niceBoggzie is just really niceBoggzie is just really nice

Saddlebutt and I are not too far from West Milton. I didn't know any of those involved and I don't believe she does either. Bad situation all around.
Old 08-25-2013

Saddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud of

A very sad day yesterday was for many. I do not know any of the riders involed, figured I would..three different motorcycle accidents yesterday around the Dayton area..everyone ride safe
Old 08-26-2013
Retired and Loving It

reinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sad plus another on up here.

That is very sad and we just had another motorcycle fatality up here in NW Ohio as well. A soldier on leave was following a jeep with one of his Army buddies driving northbound on State Route 53 near Old Fort. His buddy slowed the jeep and he struck it from behind with his Harley and was thrown into the opposite lane where he was run-over by a pickup truck and killed.
Old 08-26-2013
live life full throttle

swish024 is on a distinguished road

I wonder if that was the same group i got behind on 47.they were headed that way i turned off.hope all recover well.
Old 09-14-2013
Retired and Riding

Road Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond repute
Default 92year old rider killed

Copied this from another board.

Family of Motorcyclist Killed Has Message For All Drivers:

A 92-year-old St. Paul man died after a hit and run accident Friday morning.

It happened near Prosperity and Ivy Avenues as Roy Kromschroeder was on his motorcycle on the way to the mall.

Police arrested 26-year-old Autumn Mason a short time later at her home. She's facing criminal vehicular operation charges.

Now, Kromschroeder's family has a message for all drivers.

"Watch for motorcycles, that would be my dad's message," says Jim Kromschroeder.

"So others who love life on two wheels, like Roy Kromschroeder did, don't die needlessly, he's never had an accident in his life, he rode motorcycles since the 60's, him and my mother used to go all around the country."

This time, the 92-year-old was going to Maplewood Mall. That's where Kromschroeder meets up with friends to walk everyday. Only this trip was stopped short, when a car, allegedly driven by Autumn Mason, ran a red light, slamming into him.

"She got out of the car, got back in the car and drove away and left him laying there to die, it's senseless," according to Jerry Kromschroeder.

Mason left something telling behind: a license plate. Police used that to track her down and arrested her at her home in Vadnais Heights.

KSTP dug into her background and found that she's been: convicted six times for prostitution, DWI, theft and endangering the safety of others.
While it's heartbreaking for Kromschroeder's sons to reflect on how their dad died, "if you hit somebody stop."

They'd prefer to remember how he lived. They shared their parents' wedding picture.

Kromschroeder is in uniform, he served in the Coast Guard in World War II. Patriotism is evident in Kromschroeder's yard and his sons eyes, "he was extremely proud of his service to this country and this is how his life has to end, it's devastating."

Roy Kromschroeder's life and legacy will be honored Friday, September 20, at Fort Snelling State Park. He'll have full military honors.

Ride aware folks -
my don't let that happen to you...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired and Riding for over 17 years on a small fixed income!

Honda said ride RED so I am...