Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Gear

Notices

Gear Talk about helmets, tires, clothing, camping equipment, GPS - all that extra stuff we need!

Old 04-15-2014
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation
Default Perscription sun glasses

Who out there has them, where did you get them, about how much were they, how happy are you with them?

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 04-15-2014
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

Lenscrafters. Rayban frames. Polycarbonite lenses. Polarized lenses.

On my third pair. Love them. Cost about $250-300 i think.

Only problem with polarized lenses is sometimes hard to see GPS screen in bright sunlight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....

Last edited by wahoo; 04-15-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2014

Jim has disabled reputation

Polarized lenses do funky things with LCD dash displays. Probably something similar to what Cuz experiences when he's trippin' on window pane.
'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023
Old 04-15-2014
TIME TO RIDE - RIDE ON!!!

HG has disabled reputation

Hopefully, those miles put a smile on your face! It always does for me!
Old 04-15-2014
live life full throttle

swish024 is on a distinguished road

I have them from local eye doc.I get the anti glare put in them also.only problem is when I put the face shield down they won't change to dark.
Old 04-15-2014
Cheeky Bastard

magley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish024 View Post
I have them from local eye doc.I get the anti glare put in them also.only problem is when I put the face shield down they won't change to dark.
probably because the ultraviolet rays that cause the transitions to change are filtered by the face sheild's UV protection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ŠUANE
Old 04-16-2014
This space for Rent

Warlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond repute

I have them also. 2 pair actually. I just had my eyes checked and had to order new ones as my sight in my right eye improved 20% do I decided to get an extra pair. Got one pair polarized and one not. Has to do with the type of lens I guess. I do like them a lot. I also have a built in sun visor in my modular helmet in case I have forgotten them or I am riding into particularly bright sun.

Bill

My SPOT, his name is Fido:

Old 04-16-2014
aka 'Ridemyglide'

glide has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Polarized lenses do funky things with LCD dash displays. Probably something similar to what Cuz experiences when he's trippin' on window pane.

They sure do.....lol.

I had a pair a couple years back. They sealed up nicely around the eyes and fit under the helmet well enough. Not sure of the brand, just bought them through my optometrist. The bad was in hot weather they tended to fog up even though they did have nice vent holes all around the perimeter.

I left them in the handlebar bag and someone got into it and stole them. Bet they were surprised to find they were prescription....lol....oh and they were pricey, over $300.

Last edited by glide; 04-16-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-16-2014

Ken45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to behold

When I bought mine, I got the polarized lenses. I quickly returned them for non -polarized lenses.

Bent plastic in a windscreen or face shield causes some polarization and with polarized lenses, you may get weird effects. I certainly did!
Old 04-17-2014
Retired and Riding

Road Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond repute

Try this Elvex Rx-300 Bifocal Safety Glasses With Gray Lens

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/bf24.html

Retired and Riding for over 17 years on a small fixed income!

Honda said ride RED so I am...