Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Gear

Notices

Gear Talk about helmets, tires, clothing, camping equipment, GPS - all that extra stuff we need!

Old 11-05-2013
I WANT MORE PIE!

sirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond repute

Rheostat is a variable resistor that just turns a portion of the input power into heat (lots of waste!) Pulse width modulator turns power on/off repeatedly over time. Variable allows you to change the time on/off.

So if _ is off and * is on, it would look like this:

___*___*___*___*___ little bit of heat

__***__***__***__***__ medium heat

_*****_*****_*****_*****_ really warm

Basically, the wires in the jacket/gloves/socks are almost a "short circuit" and heat up when the current goes through them. By cycling the power on and off, you control the heat. Without a controller, you will get very hot, possibly even burnt!

I wired a pair of coax outlets, each with it's own fuse, off of a relay-switched circuit that turns on with the ignition. This still allows me to have the battery tender pigtail to connect without having to change anything.
Old 11-05-2013
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Makes perfect sense Pat..except for that last sentence relays, coaxial just gibberish.
Old 11-05-2013
I WANT MORE PIE!

sirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
Makes perfect sense Pat..except for that last sentence relays, coaxial just gibberish.
Then you SHOULD NOT watch this video!!
Old 11-05-2013
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

My eyes were glazing over 39 seconds into the video
Old 11-05-2013
Cheeky Bastard

magley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond repute

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ŠUANE
Old 11-06-2013

OhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepair View Post
Then you SHOULD NOT watch this video!!
Chrysler Turbo Encabulator - YouTube
Thanks Pat, I've had to watch a lot of Chrysler training videos over the years, but haven't watched that in a while. I don't know how those guys kept a straight face through that LOL.

I don't have a bucket list, but my "Bike It" list is pretty long!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-06-2013

OhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud of

You might like this version better....

I don't have a bucket list, but my "Bike It" list is pretty long!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by OhiaBoy; 11-06-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2013

Ohiodeere is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhiaBoy View Post
You might like this version better....
Haven't seen that one.. that's a good one also. LOL
Old 11-06-2013
motorcycle nut

At least there were parts of that one I understood
Old 11-07-2013
Retired and Riding

Road Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond repute

I have a dual controller - or the wife would not ride with me in cold weather...

I mount mine on my Baker Air Wing bracket - very reachable and easy to change!

View from the top

View from the side

Retired and Riding for over 17 years on a small fixed income!

Honda said ride RED so I am...