Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Gear

Notices

Gear Talk about helmets, tires, clothing, camping equipment, GPS - all that extra stuff we need!

Old 06-20-2013
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation
Default One more time with Boots

The lastest try is Fly racing Milepost boots. got the today and the fit is just a hair on the small side but still comfortable. Velcro and zipper in the inside which is a lot easier than the outside, no contortions to reach them.
I figured I would try these beciuase I'm impressed with the jacket I bought from them so much. Time will tell.

http://www.flyracing.com/product/str...boot/645/black

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 10-18-2013
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation

Well....time told alright. They suck. I had one pair for around 2 months and they started leaking. Contacted customer service, which at least was great, and they had me ship them back at the same time they shipped a new pair. Got them the end of Aug right before our trip. Same boot leaked in the same basic spot on the way to work Weds. morning....55 freakin days old.

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 10-20-2013
Retired and Riding

Road Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond repute

MR - sorry about your luck with leaky boots. I hate wet feet!

I have a pair of Cruiser Works that are over 12 years old. They have never leaked - I had them resoled a few times - still never leaked. They were made in Canada. They looked pretty bad a year or so ago - so I thought I would buy another pair at a rally. I did - same sizing - but I did not try them on. I assumed they were the same boot. I found out that Cruiser Works Canada sold out and now they are in North Carolina.

Anyway to make a long story a bit shorter. I returned the boots and got a full refund - the boots were a bit tighter and I just decided to keep my old boots that still does not leak! They look 12+ years old but they are still comfortable and I don't have to break in a new pair of boots!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired and Riding for over 17 years on a small fixed income!

Honda said ride RED so I am...

Old 10-20-2013
Bald, Fat & Slow.

Pauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond repute

I have Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex boots and I love them. Comfortable. Warm. Water-proof.

Gore-Tex. Gore-Tex. Gore-Tex. I'm telling you... Gore-Tex.
Old 10-20-2013

Jim has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
I have Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex boots and I love them. Comfortable. Warm. Water-proof.

Gore-Tex. Gore-Tex. Gore-Tex. I'm telling you... Gore-Tex.
Like mine also!
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX9-10) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1
Old 06-15-2015

JessicaL is on a distinguished road
Default Question

I have a pair of plain zip up the side boots that get water seepage after riding on wet roads for too long... But can seem to fond a comfortable, waterproof women's boot that isn't almost knee high lol any ideas?
Old 06-15-2015
Bald, Fat & Slow.

Pauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Find a pair of men's boots that fit and buy those.

Last edited by Pauly; 06-15-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-15-2015
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up on keeping my feet dry.

I have a issue from a motorcycle crash long ago that limits the amount of range of my ankle which prevents me from being able to put my foot into many boots.

What I do now is carry a pair of Crocs. When it rains I put them on and my feet get wet, but when it stops raining I can put my dry shoes back on. Crocs are all plastic so they can just be shake dried and put back in my saddlebag.

Old 06-18-2015

jsebens is on a distinguished road

My wife has had good luck with the TCX Lady Classic (I think that's the right name); they're waterproof and not too tall.

- Jake
Old 06-20-2015

JessicaL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
My wife has had good luck with the TCX Lady Classic (I think that's the right name); they're waterproof and not too tall.

- Jake
Thank you I'll look into it