Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Gear

Notices

Gear Talk about helmets, tires, clothing, camping equipment, GPS - all that extra stuff we need!

Old 02-20-2013
Beer Snob

SquidRavioli is on a distinguished road
Default Helmet, Scorpion EXO-900

Over the weekend I drove out to Competition Accessories to try on new helmets. I needed one that I can wear with my newly prescribed glasses . I ended up going with the Scorpion EXO-900 Modular. They even threw me a bone with a 10% discount (otherwise I would have bought it from the seperate CompACC site). I also just purchased the UCLEAR bluetooth (boomless) unit, mostly so I can listen to music on my rides.

Obviously I have not had a chance to ride with the helmet so I can't review it yet but the fit is great and at $270 I think it is a lot of helmet for the money. It also has a pump system bladder to make it fit even better once on.

Any one else own one of these? Or the UCLEAR?

Cheers
Old 02-20-2013

Jim has disabled reputation

There was talk of the UClear in this thread.

http://rideohio.org/showthread.php?t=18337
'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023
Old 02-20-2013
Fat,Dumb,and Happy

Memnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond repute

I love my 900 and I believe Redtrk has one also. Great helmet I like the option of full or 3/4 face as it gets WAY too hot to ride fullface in the summer down this way. Great ventilation, I go fullface below 40 degrees and have not had any fogging issues. All around great helmet. I have not tried any head phones/buds or anything else to that effect.
Old 04-25-2014

08_dx is on a distinguished road

Sorry to bump an old post. Mine sits in my closet collecting dust, barely used at all. I have moved on to the LS2 brand mainly because of the oval/long oval shape. The scorpions I have had eventually end up pressing onto my forehead and making them uncomfortable.
Old 04-27-2014
Fat,Dumb,and Happy

Memnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond repute

Still can't find many complaints with mine. Although I have only useed Scorpions since I started to wear a helmet about six years ago. Wow, has it been that long since my "bad one"? But my half lid is great and my 900 has been great the last year or so, usually 3/4, but if dark out and raining will throw the chin bar on with clear shield.
Old 05-26-2014
aka 'Ridemyglide'

glide has disabled reputation

My wife loves her Scorpion 900. Wrong shaped head here for one, so I opted for a Nolan.